There will be no RAKs (random acts of kindness) or extra ATCs or gifts for the hostess. Some people host swaps and expect these types of extras so I just wanted to clarify this.
We currently have 10 members in the ATC swap group in the ScrapperCreations Community, but if anyone else would like to join in, please do so. All you will need to do is join the ATC swap group at http://scrappercreations.ning.com/group/atcswaps and then confirm your attendance in the Favourite Techniques ATC Swap event.
This swap is open to Canadian and US residents and is open to everyone who confirms attendance in the event by Friday, June 17, 2011 at midnight Montreal time.
The swap will start on Saturday, June 18 and the ATCs should be mailed no later than Thursday, June 30. I will start posting photos of the ATCs as they arrive.
Details for the swap:
1. The ATC (artist trading card) must be 2.5″ x 3.5″ (standard ATC size). You can use a base of chipboard, acrylic, card stock or any material of a similar thickness or weight.
2. You must include at least one favourite technique on the front of the ATC, but you may include as many favourite techniques as you like. Please do not use anything thicker than a regular button as embellishments. Remember that the thicker you make each ATC, the more you will pay in postage.
3. You do not need to decorate both sides, but if you are not decorating the back, please make it look finished.
4. Include your name on the front or back using the name you use here on ScrapperCreations so the other swappers know who created the various ATCs. You can use a stamp, die cuts, stickers, handwriting or any other method to write your name.
5. Each person will make multiple ATCs, keep one and send the rest to me along with the amount of postage (Canadians) or cash (closest dollar bill) required to send your ATCs to me so that I can send the different ATCs to each swapper. Only Canadians can send actual postage because I cannot use U.S. postage to mail from Canada. If you do not want to send cash, please send the amount required to me via PayPal (send to email@example.com). I will confirm the number of swappers participating on Saturday, June 18.
6. Be sure to include your full name and return address on your envelope or parcel so that I can send your group of ATCs to you. Please place the ATCs in a plastic bag or wrapping to prevent weather damage.
7. After you make and send your ATCs, please post details of the techniques you used here as a reply to this discussion.
8. You can use any theme you like.
Please remember that others are counting on you. If you decide to join in, please send in your ATCs on time or let me know if something has come up so I can let the others know that they should make less ATCs.
That’s it. Keep your eyes open for the Favourite Techniques ATC Swap.